[Insight-users] Confidence Connected Seed Coordinates

Karthik Krishnan karthik.krishnan at kitware.com
Mon Apr 14 11:03:54 EDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 10:46 AM, Cameron Burnett
<w_e_b_m_a_s_t_e_r_6_9 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Oh ok. So there is no way to perhaps extract a pixel at a certain physical
> coordinate,

It isn't complicated. Pixels are stored in a contiguous fashion in memory.

  vtkImageData::ComputeStructuredCoordinates() or
  itk::Image::TransformPhysicalPointToIndex(..)

from the ImageSeriesReader object ?? I had a look at the doxygen
> documentation for itk::ImageSeriesReader but there wasn't any method like
> that.
>
> The problem is that I'm doing this with 3D interaction. At the moment I
> don't have any 2D viewports at all. In order to find a seed point, the only
> logical thing I could think of was a vtkPointWidget. If that doesn't end up
> working then I'm not sure if it would be possible to do 3D region growing at
> all.

It is. We do this quite often with vtkPointWidget / vtkHandleWidget.