[Insight-users] 3D separation of touching grains

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Thu Apr 17 03:03:18 EDT 2008

Le 17 avr. 08 à 08:46, BOURGEOIS Loic a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Thank you for your reply, I had already try it and indeed, it is a
> very efficient method, but I have issues about over-segmentation so
> I just wanted to know if an other method (based on 3D curvature)
> could be used.

I don't know how to do that with curvature based methods (I'm
interested though, so if you find how to do that, please report your
success on the mailing list).

However, you can avoid the over segmentation by calling the SetLevel()
method on the watershed filter. Please look at the Figure 4, page 7 in
the same article to see the effect of the Level parameter.

Regards,

Gaëtan