[Insight-users] disable output window in itk

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Apr 22 13:10:42 EDT 2008

Hi Loic,

You may want to add the following two lines to your code:

    #include "itkTextOutput.h"

    itk::OutputWindow::SetInstance(itk::TextOutput::New());

With this change, the output text will be sent to the console.

Note that you could also use the FileOutput if you wanted
the output text to go to a file.

    #include "itkFileOutputWindow.h"

    typedef itk::FileOutputWindow myFileOutputWindow;
    myFileOutputWindow::Pointer window = myFileOutputWindow::New();
    window->SetFileName("myOutput.txt");
    itk::OutputWindow::SetInstance(window);