[Insight-users] help, about 3D surface interpolation

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Apr 30 16:45:27 EDT 2008

Hi Kun,

What is the genus of the surface that you plan to obtain ?

Is it homologous to a Sphere ?

If so, one thing you could do is to use the conformal mapping
to a sphere, do a spherical Delaunay triangulation, and then
map back to the original space.

It may be possible to do this by mapping to a plane, perform
Delaunay triangulation in the plane and then mapping back to
the original space.

You may want to take a look at the following paper in the
Insight Journal:

http://insight-journal.org/InsightJournalManager/view_reviews.php?pubid=112

The source code of this method is currently available in the
directory:

    Insight/Code/Review/itkConformalFlatteningMeshFilter.h