[Insight-users] MultiRez - Level Set

Gopalakrishnan, Girish (GE, Research) girish.gopalakrishnan at ge.com
Thu Aug 14 04:09:12 EDT 2008

I was trying to run the LevelSet registration using the Multi-Rez PDE
deformable registration. Since the formulation of Demons and Level Set
filters look very similar in ITK, I was expecting it to go through. But
the code does not go past the coarse level.
Found the following bug that was raised in 2006:
http://www.vtk.org/Bug/view.php?id=4002
Does anyone know if this was resolved. Thanks, Girish
//snip
The LevelSetMotionRegistrationFunction generates an error if a
MultiResolutionPDEDeformableRegistration is used with a
LevelSetMotionRegistrationFilter. This is because the
m_MovingImageSmoothingFilter in

template <class TFixedImage, class TMovingImage,
class TDeformationField>
void LevelSetMotionRegistrationFunction<
TFixedImage,TMovingImage,TDeformationField>
::InitializeIteration()

does not get updated correctly in the transition from coarse to fine
resolution. As a result, the multiresolution registration with the
levelset filter works fine at the coarsest resolution and crashes
erratically at higher resolutions.
//snip