[Insight-users] Dashboard Submit Hangs

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Wed Aug 20 15:47:50 EDT 2008

Kevin H. Hobbs wrote:
> On Tuesday 19 August 2008 04:44:39 pm Sean McBride wrote:
>> gdb shows it stuck here:
>>
>> It has the following file descriptor open:
>>

> Yesterday I killed my nightly script that runs all of the builds, all of the
> ctests, and reran the nightly script. All of the builds went OK (Tests failed
> but nothing hung up.)
>
> Last night cron reran the script and ctest hung at submitting the ITK
> DashBoard again.
>
> This morning I ran lsof  and searched for ctest to get
> gargon_ctest_open_files.txt, and gdb attached to the running ctest to get
> gargon_stuck_ctest_gdb_bt.txt.
>
> I hope something there means something to somebody...
>
> I plan on switching all of the builds today to use the system CMake instead of
> CVS and see if the problem goes away.

OK, Sean's problem is different than this one, and is now fixed in CVS
CMake.

Kevin, do you have any time period of when this started to happen?

Also, you said you were using a nightly CMake, did the problem show up
when you changed the version of CMake?  Does CMake 2.6.1 work?

It would seem from your email that it is stuck here:
#0  0x0000003ae7ccbd2f in __poll (fds=0x7fff595888d0, nfds=1,
     timeout=1000) at ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/poll.c:83
#1  0x000000000070d890 in Curl_select (readfd=5, writefd=-1,
     timeout_ms=1000)

It would seem that the timeout should kick in.  Perhaps there is an
issue with timeout_ms=1000 and timeout=1000, maybe different units?
Although even if it was 1000 seconds that would only be 16 minutes.  How
long does  it hang for?

-Bill