[Insight-users] Affine Registration problem

Manuel David Tabas Calle manueldavid.tabas at hotmail.es
Tue Dec 9 11:28:18 EST 2008

Hi!!

I´m trying to register two 2D cytology images with ITK.

The images are really huge, about 4000x4000 pixels.

I´m using an Affine Transform, MattesMutalInformationMetric, LinearInterpolateImageFunction and RegularStepGradientDescentOptimizer.

The problem is that I can´t get good registration results. I´m trying to vary the values of the most important parameters of the transform, the optimizer and the metric, but I still get bad results.
When i used the program with the examples images of ITK it works correctly.

Any idea of what is happening??? How can I tune correctly that parameters???

Thank you all.