[Insight-users] finding shapes in a drawing

Ahmed AlWaleed ahmedwk at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 18:21:57 EST 2008

I am new to ITK. and now I am in the process of learning it but before I
want to be sure that I am on the right track..

My final goal is to find certain shapes in a drawing (e.g. like this one
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fc/P%26ID.JPG)

in this drawing, I want ITK to find and return the X,Y co-ordinates of
specific shapes in the drawing (for example, circles represent electronic
instruments, lines represent pipes.. etc)

I think ITK can handle this task very well but is it the most convenient way
to do this task? or should I depend on other solutions like the Image
Processing Toolbox in Matlab ??

I am new to the whole image processing problems.. so what do you suggest?