[Insight-users] Attribute opening in 3D images

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Mon Dec 22 14:21:17 EST 2008

Le 22 déc. 08 à 14:11, David Pastor a écrit :

> Well, i took a look at "Label objetc representation and manipulation
> with ITK".
>
> I guess the output of the AreaOpeningImageFilter is an itk:Image.

that's it

> So I need a filter to obtain a Label Image (itk::Image)

A label image or a binary image, as you prefer:
BinaryImageToLabelMapFilter will search the connected component for
you in case of a binary image.

> from the output of the area opening filter and then use a LabelImage
> to LabelMap or LabelCollection filter to keep moving with a
> LabelObject representation of the connected components.

If you want to get the flat regions extracted by the
AreaOpeningImageFilter, you can use itk::RegionalMaximaImageFilter to
have them as a binary image.
Then convert to a LabelMap with BinaryImageToLabelMapFilter.

Gaëtan

PS: LabelMap is the new name of the LabelCollectionImage —
LabelCollectionImage was too long to type and the word Image is
already used in several ways in ITK (LabelImage, BinaryImage, …) so
LabelCollectionImage can be seen as a new special content of an Image.
Be sure to read the last version of the article!
Also, the last version of the sources is here: http://voxel.jouy.inra.fr/darcs/contrib-itk/binaryAttributeMorphology/binaryAttributeMorphology.tar.gz