[Insight-users] Problem using VTKPolyDataReader and VTKPolyDataWriter

Vincent Gratsac vincent.gratsac at irisa.fr
Mon Feb 4 04:59:21 EST 2008

Hi itk-users,

I would like to underline a problem I encounter with
itk::VTKPolyDataReader and itk::VTKPolyDataWriter.

I open a Vtk Polydata object with itk::VTKPolyDataReader. I get an Itk
Mesh as output.

The idea would be to apply some ITK filters on the Mesh object, but
currently nothing is done, I immediatly save it to a Vtk PolyData with
itk::VTKPolyDataWriter.

The problem happens when I try to apply a texture on the resulting Vtk
PolyData. The displayed object is black.

If I open the original Vtk PolyData object with vtkPolyDataReader (from
vtk library) and apply the same texture on it, it is well displayed.

To summarize :

- VtkPolyData --> itk::Mesh --> VtkPolyData + Texture --> Black object
- VtkPolyData + Texture --> Textured object

So I conclude that the problem comes from itk::VTKPolyDataReader and
itk::VTKPolyDataWriter.
Does anyone have some informations or some clues that could help me ?

I can send an example code to people who want in order to help reproduce
the problem.

Vincent

--
Vincent Gratsac
Unité/Projet VisAGeS U746

Ph:  +33 (0) 2 23 23 49 20/ Fax: +33/0 2 99 84 71 71
email: Vincent.Gratsac at irisa.fr
http://www.irisa.fr/visages/