[Insight-users] Segmentation fault reading an Analyze file

David Lambiel dlambielitk at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 05:37:12 EST 2008

Hello
When reading an Analyze file (hdr+img) that I just wrote a few second
before, I jump into a "segmentation fault".
My image is an RGB image with an unsigned short pixel type.
ITK documentation tells me that an Analyze image file :

> containing usually uncompressed voxel data for the images in one of the
> several possible voxel formats:
>
>    - 24 bit RGB, 8 bits per channel
>
> Ok, so I imagine that my RGB-16bits-pixel will not be accepted for the
Analyze format.
Question is, why does it write the RGB-16bits-pixel without problem or
warning, but cannot read it ?
I think it would be more logical to be able to read/write or nothing.
Or perhaps I'missing something...

For info, I've no problem with the same data using a raw image file
(mdh+raw).
I could forward some code if necessary...

Thanks
David Lambiel

Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne (EPFL)
Signal Processing Laboratory 5
Station 11
ELD 225 (Bâtiment ELD)
1015 Lausanne