[Insight-users] A bug in itkAnalyzeImageIO?

Jian Wu eewujian at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 7 14:25:45 EST 2008

Hi,
I'm doing image format conversion from other image types to Analyze 7.5. The program did not give me any error message. However I doubt it may not handle the image header information properly. The images I generated in Analyze 7.5 format can be viewed using MRIcro image viewer. But when I tried to opened it using Matlab function analyze75read, it gave me an error message "Reference to non-existent field 'ImgDataType'." I studies the ITK source code and found out the line 1128 of itkAnalyzeImageIO.cxx states:
    switch( this->m_Hdr.dime.datatype)
Here "this->m_Hdr" has not been filled with proper image information yet when the input image is not in Analyze image format. I think "this->m_ComponentType" should be referred instead. My test code is attached here. I used "brainweb1e1a10f20.mha" as the input image.

Jian

Command line:
ImageReadWriteAnalyze brainweb1e1a10f20.mha brainweb1e1a10f20.img

Source Code:

  Program:   Insight Segmentation & Registration Toolkit
  Module:    $ ImageReadWriteAnalyze.cxx $
  Language:  C++