[Insight-users] Apply a known deformation

Karthik Krishnan karthik.krishnan at kitware.com
Wed Feb 27 13:19:09 EST 2008

You could formulate a transform mathematically.

For instance you can use an itk::ThinPlateSplineTransform. You would specify
a bunch of source and target landmarks to roughly achieve the desired
warping. Then explicitly generate a deformation field by iterating over
every voxel and computing the transformation. This would the deformation
field that you would use for validation.

( I must mention though that it is more customary to validate a registration
itself rather than the deformation field )

--
karthik