[Insight-users] Error regarding ITKPatented.lib

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Feb 29 10:40:09 EST 2008

Hi Chitra,

You may have forgotten to enable the following CMake flag

                    ITK_USE_PATENTED

You will see this flag if you go to the "Advanced" CMake
variables.

Please remember that you are not allowed to:

        * Use
        * Sell
        * Offer for sale
        * Import

devices (including software) that use patented methods,
unless you have a license from the patent holder.

Universities, and in general, research activities, are not
excluded from this requirements.

For more details on how patents obstruct the progress
of science and technology you may want to read:

     "University Inc",
http://books.google.com/books?id=MD3dj8Hz7h0C&printsec=frontcover&dq=university+inc&sig=2jmpmnG_OQ_uMlYI1ZuzRSgw2PI

    "Math you can't use"
http://books.google.com/books?id=PQnCl7fKf-4C&printsec=frontcover&dq=math+you+can%27t+use&sig=nlnBTY0ZHTsYDUDxX--4MnpT6AQ