[Insight-users] Initializing transform in pointset registration

Juan Pedro de Miguel Porta elkily69 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 7 16:23:39 EST 2008

Hello,
I've found some problems setting the initial transform in my pointset to pointset registration application.
When I looked in the software guide I found 2 different ways to solve this problem.
First it was with this method:  transform->SetTranslation(centerMoving - centerFixed) as in the imageregistration5.cxx example, but it doesn't work because 'GetSpacing()','GetOrigin()' and 'GetSize()' are not applicable into pointsets.
The other one was using the CenteredTransformInitializer class as in the imageregistration6.cxx example but when I tried to use it with pointsets instead of with fixed and moving images it also didn't work.This is the code:

typedef itk::CenteredTransformInitializer < TransformType , PointSetType , PointSetType> TransformInitializerType;
TransformInitializerType::Pointer initializer = TransformInitializerType::New();

My questions are:
1) Am I missing something and one of this methods should work? How can I do it?
2) And if not, is there any other way to initialize the transform?

Thanks.