[Insight-users] Update: Problem while reading dicom series --> wrong positioning in the space

"Eliana M. Vásquez Osorio" e.vasquezosorio at erasmusmc.nl
Tue Jan 29 07:26:36 EST 2008

Hello itk-users.
I have tricked the system by changing the sign for the spacing(2).
ImageType::SpacingType spacing = dcmreader->GetOutput()->GetSpacing();
spacing[2] = -spacing[2];
dcmreader->GetOutput()->SetSpacing( spacing );

and now the z-coordinate behaves as expected!.  Is this a bug? or is it
there something special I should do before reading the dicom files?  I
can send a print out of all the flags that are in the data... maybe it
will give a hint on what's the problem

Eliana