[Insight-users] Problem in copying DICOM image: Study instance UID value is changed

Subrahmanyam Gorthi subrahmanyam.gorthi at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 11:49:31 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I am trying to read a DICOM file and write the same to another DICOM file
using ITK.

For that, I am using the example code given in ITK's
Examples\IO\ImageReadWrite.cxx

It seems the values of a few tags are altered in the process of writing.
Particularly, i need to retain the value of "Study Instance UID" attribute
with Tag Number: (0020,000d).

I would like to know whether this is a normal behavior?
If so, how to retain the same value for the "Study Instance UID" attribute?

I can send a sample file if you require.

Thank you very much for your help.

Warm Regards,
Subrahmanyam Gorthi.

EPFL-STI-LTS5