[Insight-users] How to implement the multi-planar reconstruction(MPR) using the ITK?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Jul 8 15:27:11 EDT 2008

Hi Jun,

In order to get the correct Versor, you need to take
the vector normal to the current slices that you have,
and the vector normal to the plane of slices that you
want to obtain, then compute the unit vector of these
two normals and do:

  1) compute the cross product: that will give you
            the vector that can be use as axis for
            the Versor.

  2) compute the dot product: that will give you
            the cosinus of the angle that you can
            set in the Versor (not that the units
            are radians, not degrees).

If you are not familiar with Versors (unit Quaternions)
you may want to take a look at the Tutorials:

       http://www.itk.org/HTML/Tutorials.htm

in particular to:

http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/QuaternionsI.pdf
http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/QuaternionsII.pdf