[Insight-users] Problem in copying DICOM image: Study instance UID value is changed

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 11:05:29 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 4:51 PM, Subrahmanyam Gorthi
<subrahmanyam.gorthi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Mathieu,
>
>>> your image: has no dimension, is not allocated, and is not
>>> initialized. If you compiler previously allowed you to write such an
>>> image, well... it's *really* a broken compiler.
>
> Thank you for pointing out the error. I am sorry for these mistakes.
> I got rid of that exception now; the modified code is looking as shown
> below.

great !

> But still there is one more problem:
>
> The RTSTRUCT file created now is containing some unwanted tags that are
> related to the Image-Pixel module, like rows(tag <0028,0010>) and
> columns(tag<0028,0010>).
> Since RTSTRUCT file does not contain Pixel-module and these tags, I want to
> remove them.

itk::GDCMImageIO is meant only to deal with raster based image (CT
Image Storage, MR Image Storage...). You *have to* write a specific
itk::RTSTRUCTIO class to handle that very special case. Those two
objects are very distinct and have very different IO mechanisms. for
example itk::TransformFileReader does not output an itk::image.

> 1. Is there any way in ITK to remove a specific tag from the DICOM file?
>    Or, is there any way to tell the ITK writer, not to write a particular
> tag into the output DICOM file?
>>> If this is 2D ROIs mask, simply use marching cube to generated the
>>> contour.
>>> This will be very fast and very robust.
>
> Thank you for this information.
> Actually the image is in 3-D
> BUT as the ROIs will be written in 2-D axial slice-wise direction in the
> RTSTRUCT,
> can I apply the marching cube algorithm slice-by-slice, for obtaining the
> respective 2-D contours?

That'll work.

Good luck,

--