[Insight-users] about continuous registration

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Jul 1 18:29:26 EDT 2008

Hi Sophie,

In order to reinintialize the registration it should be enough
to provide a new set of InitialTransformParameters and then
call the StartRegistration method.

You will find an example in

      Insight/Examples/Registration/
              DeformableRegistration15.cxx

where a sequence of Rigid, Affine, and two levels of BSpline
grids are used for registration.

If you are experiencing any problem with reinitializing a
registration, please post to the mailing list, the description
of the components that you are using: (optmizer, metric, transform,
interpolator), as well as the types of images that your are managing.

It may be the case that you have stumbled upon a bug in one of those
components.

It will also be interesting to look at the code of your for-loop
and how you are making use of SmartPointers.

    Please let us know,