[Insight-users] medial curve extraction compile error

Oleksandr Dzyubak adzyubak at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 18:48:43 EDT 2008

Dear Xavier,

Thanks for your quick response.

As you advised, I used  ParaView  for image manipulations.
For simplicity, I converted your sEDT example (cylinder.vtk) to the
Analyze75 format
and ran your algorithm on it. As you foresaw, it works fine.
However whenever I ran the algorithm on my synthetic vessels, it does not
give me a correct medial line.

The good news is that all the "heat sources" are located inside the vessel.
The bad news is that they are distributed over the volume
(mostly close to the back and front sides) instead of composing the one
pixel line.

BTW, it should not matter but just in case.
Your vessel is coplanar to the XY-plane versus mine being normal to the
plane.
Could it affect the result somehow?

You can find the test images I use following the links below.

1)  Synthetic one vessel 3D binary image (400x400x80) without noise*
(**Cylinder.tar.gz
<http://interdiscipline.org/Physics/ImageProc/Images/Cylinder.tar.gz>)*.
The image is in Analyze75 format with 8 bit unsigned char (Little
Endian) pixel type (19.8 KB).
Background is set to "0" and foreground "255".

http://interdiscipline.org/Physics/ImageProc/Images/Cylinder.tar.gz

2)  Its negative signed Euclidean Distance Map image *(**sEDT.tar.gz
<http://interdiscipline.org/Physics/ImageProc/Images/sEDT.tar.gz>)*.
The image is in Analyze75 format with float (Little Endian) pixel type
(26.3 MB).

http://interdiscipline.org/Physics/ImageProc/Images/sEDT.tar.gz

3)  Its Centerline image* (**Centerline.tar.gz
<http://interdiscipline.org/Physics/ImageProc/Images/Centerline.tar.gz>)*.
The image is in Analyze75 format with 8 bit unsigned char (Little
Endian) pixel type (17.2 KB).

http://interdiscipline.org/Physics/ImageProc/Images/Centerline.tar.gz

It looks like the only one last step is left.

Thanks for your help,

Alex