[Insight-users] writing a volume on a dicom series

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 05:34:39 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 10:53 AM, Niccolo' Camarlinghi
<niccolo.camarlinghi at pi.infn.it> wrote:
> Dear Mathieu,
>
> Thank you for your answer
>
>> What is the class of object you are writing ?
> the volume is a lung CT , i'm trying to write it with
> seriesWriter->SetImageIO( gdcmIO )

ok

>> Basically if you set
>> 0008|0016 to something like MR Image Storage, the IPP is computed
>> internally in itk::GDCMImageIO.
> 0008|0016 is SOP Class UID do i have to set this to CT?

Yes: "1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.2"

>> Make sure that Origin & Spacing of
>> your itk::Image is set properly.
> I just verified that spacing and origin are correct

great.

>> On a Secondary Capture the IPP has no sense.
> what do you mean by secondary?

If you create your image ex-nihilo, then there is no way for GDCM to
know that it is a CT Image. Thus you need to specifically set it.
Otherwise GDCM simply default to create a Secondary Capture Image
Storage instance, which has no IPP attribute.

HTH
--
Mathieu