[Insight-users] Test of Scattered Data Interpolation with Multilevel B-Splines provided by Nick

Ni Dong dni at cse.cuhk.edu.hk
Tue Jul 8 12:21:06 EDT 2008

Dear all,

I have downloaded the code from http://hdl.handle.net/1926/140 provided by Nick Tustison . The codes were compiled using VC7. Test1 example(also given by Nick) was executed, which was used to interpolate the 2D scalar images.

The input image is "OriginalT2.png" also given by Nick. I just modified the codes a little.  In the original program, the output image is "float" type. I just rescaled the gray from 0 to 255 and modified the output image as "unsigned char" type.

The result is a little different from the one given by Nick. Attached please find the test result. The original data and  result can be found from http://hdl.handle.net/1926/140

The parameters used in my test are as follows:

Splineorder = 4;
Initial Numverofcontropoints = 5*5;
Numberoflevels = 10;
which is same with the ones presented in Nick's paper.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards
Ni Dong
Computer Science and Engineering Dept., The Chinese University of Hong Kong