[Insight-users] INSIGHT JOURNAL: Test of Scattered Data Interpolation with Multilevel B-Splines provided by Nick

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Jul 8 12:43:11 EDT 2008

Hi Ni

             Thanks a lot for posting this review !

This is *exactly* what we hope readers will do with *every single*
paper in the INSIGHT JOURNAL:

   1) Download the code
   2) Build it
   3) Attempt to reproduce the paper
   4) Use the code with their own images
   5) Modify and improve the code
   6) Report back to the community

It is great to see a correct usage of the INSIGHT JOURNAL in action.

You may find interesting to know that Nick's class was recently added
to the Code/Review directory of ITK, and that it will be included in
the release of ITK 3.8. (note that given that the class will be in the
Review directory, its API may still change during releases).

1) One question:

   Did you consider that the differences between your results
   and the ones posted in the paper were significant ?

   Can they be attributed simply to computation precision ?
   and be disregarded ?

   or do you think that something needs to be adjusted in the class ?

2) One Humble Request:

   Could you please copy/past the text of your email as a review
   to Nick's paper in the Insight Journal ?

   It will be great to have this text available for the readers
   who take a look at that paper.

...and, of course, Thanks to Nick Tustison for submitting a paper
that lends itself to *real reproducibility verification*.

  Thanks !

      Luis