[Insight-users] Support of IPP and IOP in ImageViewer.

yoav levy yoav.itk at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 04:51:11 EDT 2008

I am using the ImageViewer to explore 3D MRI images. The Images are taken
from the MR in DICOM format and converted to ".mah" using
ConvertBetweenFileFormats application.
My problem: The coordinates reported by the ImageViewer do not match the
coordinates reported by the MR. I found old massages, claiming that the
ImageViewer ignores several tags. (
http://www.itk.org/pipermail/insight-users/2006-April/017407.html).
1. Can you confirm my analysis (that the coordinates difference stems from
ignoring tags such as IPP and IOP) ?
2. Can I find an improved version of ImageViewer somewere?
3. Suppose there is no solution to the ImageViewer problem, I should develop
a workaround. In my application I  import landmarks generated in another
proprietary application. How can I transform those landmarks to the "wrong"
coordinates presented by the ImageViewer?

Thanks,
Yoav