[Insight-users] ITK 3.8 : CODE FREEZE : TODAY July 15th

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Jul 15 14:19:50 EDT 2008

I agree,

A quick overview of the Dashboard shows the following issues:

Warnings:

1) boa.invivonmr.uu.nl:
    libnetcdf.so.3, needed by
    /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.2.3/
    ../../../../lib/libminc2.so,
    may conflict with libnetcdf.so.4

    This one is out of our control, since it is due
    to a versioning choice made when building MINC2
    in that platform.

    Maybe we should simply silence this warning ?

2) tetsuo.kitware

    itkFEMLoadBase.obj :
    warning LNK4221: no public symbols found;
    archive member will be inaccessible

    This one looks like the FEM libraries may not
    be using the EXPORT symbols...

3) dash13.kitware

    itkSliceBySliceImageFilter.txx(203) : warning C4269: '$S572' :
    'const' automatic data initialized with compiler generated
    default constructor produces unreliable results

    This may be a VS6.0 quirck...
    I will track it down.

Test failures:

1) TimeStamp in (Zion)
    Tom Vercauteren send a description of this one
    to the developers mailing list.

    We must fix it before cutting ITK 3.8.

2) sanchome.megason-lab.hms

    TIFF image IO and LSM Image IO failing.

3) marvin.jouy.inra.fr

    PythonFFTImageFilter

4)  voxel.jouy.inra.fr

     itkImageIODirection2DTest12
     itkVoxBoCUBImageIOTest6
http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewTest.php?onlyfailed&buildid=124173

5) chiarugi.uiowa

    ImageRegistration3Tcl
    ImageRegistration4Tcl
    ImageRegistration5Tcl

     are seg. faulting

6) RogueResearch5
    Mac10.5-InsightBS-dbg

    itkSliceBySliceImageFilterTest

    is timing out.

    (maybe related to the warning of VS60 ?)

Overall is doesn't look too bad,
and a fully green Dashboard certainly
seems to be a feasible goal.

      Luis