[Insight-users] 3D watershed filter issue

Edmund Ng edmund.ng at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 18:59:09 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm working with ITK 3.6.0.
I've been trying to get a test case working for a the watershed filter using
a simple 3D dataset containing a sphere object.  I use edge detection,
followed by binary thresholding on this image and set this as input to the
3D watershed algorithm.    I'm unable to segment the object using the 3D
watershed (the resulting series is empty).  The code is functional if I
extract each individual slice and perform a 2D watershed, followed by a
tiling the filter.  I was wondering if anyone has similar experiences and
could share their insight?

Thanks,

Edmund