[Insight-users] Converting dcm files to mesh

Andriy Fedorov fedorov at bwh.harvard.edu
Thu Jul 17 15:41:43 EDT 2008

Jason,

If you need to create a triangular surface mesh with ITK, you can use
Marching Cubes algorithm implemented in this class:

http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1BinaryMask3DMeshSource.html

You can find an example of how to use this filter in
Testing/Code/Algorithms/itkBinaryMask3DMeshSourceTest.cxx

> The image I'm trying to process it is a CT image. I am not sure what you
> mean by if it is a binary or multi-valued.

Marching cubes filter works from the segmented (binary) image, so the
first step for you will be to segment the image, but that's a
different issue. I am assuming ITK-SNAP which you mention should help
you with the segmentation task.

--
Andrey Fedorov