[Insight-users] 3D level set segmentation

Luca Antiga luca.antiga at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 10:48:42 EDT 2008

Dear Gokhan,
  geodesic active contours have been widely used even in large
datasets (surely larger than the ones you're mentioning), provided
you have enough memory available.
One of two things may be happening:
1. you're not running out of memory and your operative system starts
swapping on the virtual memory
2. there's a problem with the way you extended the code to 3D.
The first point is easy to check (just look at a memory monitor or
listen to the sounds emitted by your hard drive). For the second,
you'll have to post a code snippet for us to take a look.
Regards

Luca