[Insight-users] Multi-threaded Image Registration Examples?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Jul 23 08:18:30 EDT 2008

Hi Mishali,

In order to use Multi-threading registration in ITK
you simply should do the following:

    0) Get the release of ITK 3.6,
       or a more recent CVS version.

    1) In the CMake configuration,
       enable the variables

             ITK_USE_REVIEW
             ITK_USE_OPTIMIZED_REGISTRATION_METHODS

    2) build ITK

    3) build your application.

At this point, if you use MattesMutualInformation or
the MeanSquares metric, they will run in multiple
threads.

There is no need to change anything in the code of the examples.
All the examples in Insight/Examples/Registration (that use the
two metrics above) can be used with and without multi-threading.

Please give it a try and let us know if you encounter
any problems.