[Insight-users] Image Registration Metric Derivative Calculation

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Jul 24 10:21:08 EDT 2008

Hi 田光建

Yes, if you are creating a new metric, you must
derive it from itk::ImageToImageMetric, you should
implement the method

             GetValue( parameters )

and you need to implement the methods:

            GetDerivative( parameters )

and

            GetValueAndDerivative(...)

Please take a look at other metrics, for example,
the MeanSquaresImageToImageMetric would be an
easy example to follow.