[Insight-users] Image Registration Metric Derivative Calculation

Aviv Hurvitz aviv.hurvitz at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 10:33:22 EDT 2008

Hi,

Sometimes it's hard or impossible to compute the derivative of a metric.

In these cases, you could use a derivative-free optimizer such as
AmoebaOptimizer or SPSAOptimizer. These optimizers don't call
GetDerivative() so you can just implement it with an empty function.

Their disadvantage is that they usually require more samples of the metric
(more calls to GetValue()).

- Aviv