[Insight-users] Does "InPlace" filters really work "In Place"?

Yulia.Arzhaeva at csiro.au Yulia.Arzhaeva at csiro.au
Fri Jul 25 11:07:55 EDT 2008

Hello,

I have just started using ITK, so I might have overlooked something..

I have tried to use ThresholdImageFilter with "InPlace" feature ON, i.e. I called filter->InPlaceOn() before calling filter->Update(). As a result, I got a runtime error. I played with an example code, so it can be reproducible.

If you take an example code ThresholdImageFilter.cxx from the ..\Examples\Filtering folder , leave just one filter update instead of three updates, for simplicity, and insert filter->InPlaceOn(), would you get a runtime error as well?

Could you explain me what's wrong, either with my way to set InPlace feature, or with using such a filter "In Place" at all?

Thanks,
Yulia