[Insight-users] Does "InPlace" filters really work "In Place"?

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 09:03:31 EDT 2008

Yulia,

The example works fine for me when I add filter->InPlaceOn(). Are you
running the example data or your own?

Replace the first filter-<Update(); with

  try
    {
    filter->Update();
    }
  catch (itk::ExceptionObject &ex)
    {
    std::cout << ex;
    return EXIT_FAILURE;
    }

and see if you get more information.

Actually, place a try/catch around each ->Update() just in case the
problem is with reading or writing.

Bill