No subject

Sat Jul 26 20:13:30 EDT 2008

VersorRigid3DTransform returns 3 translational motion and a versor (unit
quaternion) for a total of 6 parameters, and the QuaternionRigidTransform
returns 3 translational motion and a quaternion for a total of 7 parameters.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.  From my understanding, a versor alone can
represent any rotation in the 3D space.  However, I could only find
equations that converts from Quaternion to Euler angles but not from Versor
to Euler angles.  Does it mean that there is something missing in the versor
to represent rotational motion in the 3D space?
Is there certain rotational motion out there that can be covered by the
QuaternionRigidTransform registration but not by the VersorRigid3DTransform
registration?

Thanks.

Regards,
Brandon