[Insight-users] Bubble making

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Jul 27 10:10:11 EDT 2008

Hi Carlos,

Here are two other suggestions:

A) Using FastMarchingImageFilter

1) Set seed points in the centers of the places
    where you want the bubbles.

2) Set their initial values proportional to the
    radius that you want on each bubble.

3) Run the FastMarching image filter up to a certain
    StoppingValue.

4) Threshold the output with a BinaryThresholdImageFilter

That should produce a binary image with spheres centered
in the seed points and radii proportional to the initial
values.

This is one of the methods we use for initializing
level sets.

B)  Using distance maps

1)  Set the image to zero

2)  Set to 1 all the pixels in the locations where you
     want the centers of the spheres

3) Run a Maurer distance map filter

4) Threshold the output a the values of the radii that you
    want.

Unfortunately this will give you only sphere of all the
same radius.