[Insight-users] [insight-users] Registration of 4D dataset

marco giordano marco.giord at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 15:24:52 EDT 2008

Hi again,

Thanks for your help Luis, I did the registration by using example
DeformableRegistration2.cxx ( I could not find example Nr. 16 in any
Release).

I changed the dimension to 3 and set the Nr. of iteration to 10 as Metric
function does not improve considerebly if I use more iterations

Now my images look pretty steady in time which is a great improvement,
however:

1)My volumes consists of 64 slices and out of 64 slices (zmin < z < zmax) my
first slice (z=zmax) and last slice ( z=zmin ) (basically my top and my
bottom slice ) are corrupted with some kind of noise.

Does that have anything to do with the registration itself?

2)Also I read that "Demons algorithm relies on the assumption that pixels
representing the same homologous
point on an object have the same intensity on both the fixed and moving
images to be registered"

If I understood this statement, this assumption does not hold in my case
because intensity in my images is changing in time as contrast is flowing
into the vessels, so same pixels  (of the moving and fixed image) have good
chances of not having the same intensity.

For this I was thinking of registering each volume (at time t=tn ) to its
closest "registered" neighbour in time ( volume at time t=t(n-1)) in order
to reduce the difference in the level of intensity.

Does anyone have a better suggestion ?

However this was already a good result,

Thank you for the help I will now consider to use VV.

Marco.

Marco Giordano
MSN:gilmour812002 at yahoo.it <MSN%3Agilmour812002 at yahoo.it>
ICQ :285-118-610