[Insight-users] Using GetNormals() function in DeformableMesh3DFilter

Hrishi hriket at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 4 19:41:34 EDT 2008

Hi I want to used DeformableMesh3dFilter to access normals at all the vertices in the mesh that is pass as input.
I have pasted my code snipet here. Could you please suggest me how do I access the data "BoneNormals" is ponting to?

typedef itk::DeformableMesh3DFilter<OutputMeshType,OutputMeshType> DeformableFilterType;
DeformableFilterType::Pointer deformableModelFilter = DeformableFilterType::New();
deformableModelFilter->SetInput( BinaryMask->GetOutput() );
InputMeshType::Pointer BoneNormals = InputMeshType::New();
BoneNormals = deformableModelFilter->GetNormals();

I also created itkcovariantvector type thinking that the normals will be of that data type.
I was not able to user the ConstIterator  function in that to access information that pointer is pointing to.

The code segment for that is as follows
typedef itk::CovariantVector< double, 3 > double3DVectorType;
typedef const double3DVectorType* itk::CovariantVector< double, 3 >ConstIterator;
ConstIterator Begin();

could anyone suggest me how do I access the info i am looking for and how do I write the info in ply or txt format.

Thanks

Hrishi