[Insight-users] debug postfix

Rupert Brooks rupe.brooks at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 18:18:25 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,

I have found it useful in the past to build my debug libraries with a
"d" appended to the end of the name.  CMake supports this with the
CMAKE_DEBUG_POSTFIX option, so i modify my ITK CMakeLists.txt file to
have the POSTFIX set.  This causes several problems, which could
probably be fixed with some effort.

My question to the list is - does anyone else think this is useful -
as in should it be a general technique added to the ITK build process?
 Does anyone have a better solution already?  Should this be something
considered for ITK 3.8?

The reason i did this was so that i could install both debug and
release libraries system wide, and walk through the ITK debug code
with my debug build and get the speed from the release code with my
release build.  This is particularly useful on Windows, where one can
make the debug and release builds from the same visual studio project
- and therefore they have to point to the same ITK build.  Other
solutions to the same problem are of course welcome :-)

Cheers,
Rupert B