[Insight-users] limit of memory load in itk programs?

Monica Hernandez mhg at unizar.es
Wed Jun 18 09:29:32 EDT 2008

Dear itk users,

I am currently working with programs with high RAM memory requirements.
I have observed that if I try to run a program with memory load superior
to 3.5 Gbs I get this
message

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
  what():  St9bad_alloc

and my program crashes. I am working in a 8 Gbs RAM and 4 Gbs Swap
Scientific linux machine.

Does anybody know if there exists any limitation for ITK executables or
maybe  there is a hidden
constraint in my linux that makes these programs abort?

Thanks a lot!!