[Insight-users] InsightApp - CMake Error at ConnectVTKITK/CMakeLists.txt:10 cannot find package CableSwig

Oleksandr Dzyubak adzyubak at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 10:21:12 EDT 2008

Dear ITKers,

Every time when I compile Insight libs, I build it with an option
"CableSwig built-in"
as advised on the CableSwig home page.
Afterwards I install it to a default (Linux/UNIX, at least) location
"/usr/local/lib/".
In this case "CableSwig" appears in
"/usr/local/lib/InsightToolkit/CSwig/lib/CableSwig".

So far, so good. Then, of course, I compile InsightApplications.
At this point I am always getting the same error below.

Well, as a workaround, I fix it manually either by changing
configuration files or just coping
the entire directory to the requested location where the "find_package"
can actually find it.

My question is, since I follow the standard procedure, why the
"find_package"
cannot find the package? Can this be fixed so the "find_package" could
find it by itself?

Thanks,

Alex

*********Begin Error******

 CMake Error at ConnectVTKITK/CMakeLists.txt:10 (FIND_PACKAGE):
   find_package cannot find package CableSwig because CableSwig_DIR is
set to
   "/lib/InsightToolkit/CSwig/lib/CableSwig" which is not a directory
   containing a package configuration file (or it is not for the requested
   version).  Please set the cache entry CableSwig_DIR to the correct
   directory, or delete it to ask CMake to search.