[Insight-users] Exceptions with Deformable BSpline registration.

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Jun 28 20:20:56 EDT 2008

Hi John,

This error message indicates that under the current Transform,
the two images don't have a a significant overlapping region.

This may be the result of poor initialization, or the result
of an optimizer set to take strides that are too large.

Setting the CMake flag to

     ITK_USE_ORIENTED_IMAGE_DIRECTION=ON

is the right thing to do.

Do you get this exception error at the very beggining of the
registration process ?

or do you get the error message after running the optimzer
for several iterations ?

Could you please do the following ?

In any of the examples that you are trying, please add the
following code:

     fixedImageReader->Update();
     movingImageReeader->Update();
     fixedImageReader->GetOutput()->Print();
     movingImageReader->GetOutput()->Print();

This will help us see what is the initial overlap
between the images. Please post to the list the entire
output. We will be particularly interested in Origin,
Spacing and Direction of both the Moving and Fixed images.

Also,

Could you please post to the list the output log of
DeformableRegistration15 ?

This is the example that perfoms Rigid, then Affine, and
then a BSpline deformable registration with two levels
of resolution in the BSpline grid.