[Insight-users] Exceptions with Deformable BSpline registration.

johnjtchen at aol.co.uk johnjtchen at aol.co.uk
Sun Jun 29 07:33:49 EDT 2008

Hi Luis,

Thank you.

It seems that the image orientation of my data is the reason
that cause this error.

The Print() dumps:
? Direction:
1 0 0
0 -1 0
0 0 1

After I force the line 245 In DeformableRegistration13.cxx to
[ 1 0 0
? 0 1 0
? 0 0 1] with

FixedImageType::DirectionType gridDirection = fixedImage->GetDirection();
gridDirection.SetIdentity();

The registration of example 12, 13,?15 runs quite well!

>>Do you get this exception error at the very beggining of the?
>>registration process ??

I get the error message right after registration->StartRegistration();
It didn't even reaching the optimization stage.

I am wondering that with the same image direction in both fix and
mov images with

? Direction:
1 0 0
0 -1 0
0 0 1,

why the registration wouldn't be able to matching two the same
image direction together?

Has it got trouble with getting derivatives within BSplineTransform?

Thanks very much.
john