[Insight-users] Question about the origin of an image

Anja Ende anja.ende at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 12 13:19:47 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,

When I do the following while reading an image:

double origin[3] = {0.0};
image->SetOrigin(origin);

Does this set the origin to the top left of the first slice of the volume?

The reason that I ask is when I visualize this in VTK (after using the
OrientImageFilter), I am getting a flip in the vertical axes and I am
thinking that this might be the reason.

Does normally one set the origin to (0.0, 0.0, 0.0). Can anyone here
who have used ITK and VTK together advice on the best way to handle
this?

Cheers,

Anja