[Insight-users] ITK LICENSE CHANGE TO OSI-APPROVED BSD LICENSE: STARTING WITH ITK 3.6

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Mar 21 15:48:08 EDT 2008

Hi Tom,

   This is a great question.

   Yes, we did a review of third party libraries a while ago at
   the request (and with the help) of the packager of ITK for
   Debian.

   You will find this described in the file:

           Insight/Copyright/README.txt

   This file was last updated on November 9th 2006.

   Note that you must distinguish between

          a) Libraries that ITK depends upon.

   and

          b) Libraries that ITK is compatible with

   For example,

       ITK depends on VXL.

       ITK is compatible with FFTW and MINC2
              but does not depend on them.