[Insight-users] FFTW

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Mar 25 13:32:09 EDT 2008

Hi Alexandre,

Yes, please download and install FFTW first.

FFTW is not included with ITK,
mostly because FFTW is distributed under a GPL license:

      http://www.fftw.org/doc/License-and-Copyright.html

and therefore is not compatible with the BSD license used by ITK.

Note that if you use FFTW in your application, and if you distribute
your application, then you must distributed it under the GPL license
as well.

If you are working on Linux, many Linux distributions
have FFTW packages available (e.g. Debian and Ubuntu do).