[Insight-users] BSpline deformable transform Helper class

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon May 5 13:26:18 EDT 2008

Hi Federico,

Could you please elaborate a little bit more on what you
are trying to do ?

 From your description, it seems that you have a curve in 3D
that you want to deform in order to match a feature of a
3D image.  Is that right ?

Is this like trying to fit a 3D curve to a blood vessel in
a 3D image ?

If you only need to map the point of the 3D curve into the
image, then using a BSpline deformable transform for this
purpose may be an overkill.

You may find more useful to apply the any of the KernelTransforms
that are basically landmark-based transforms. You could select
key point from the 3D curve and map them to key locations in the
3D image. Then use this collection of point-pairs as fixed and
moving landmarks to feed a KernelTransform. Finally use that
transform form mapping all the intermediate points form the curve.

Please let us know if this may make sense in the context of your
application.