[Insight-users] ImageToParametricSpaceFilter Problem

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon May 5 13:54:08 EDT 2008

Hi Ashley,

Welcome to ITK !,

Your code, using the ImageToParametricSpaceFilter, looks good.

Could you please run the following tests:

a) Connect a FilterWatcher, to the m_ParametricSpace object.
    and rerun your code to see if you get any progress report.

    This will let us know if the filter is actually going
    through the pixels.

    You only need to add:

       #include "itkFilterWatcher.h"

       FilterWatcher  watcher( m_ParametricSpace );

b) Manually call Update() in the filter that are providing
    inputs to the m_ParametricSpace one.

      m_RescaleIntensitySmoothed->Update();
      m_RescaleIntensityMedialness->Update();
      m_RescaleIntensityMaxEigen->Update();
      m_ParametricSpace->Update();

    Then rerun the filter.

    Normally this shouldn't be necessary, but in this case
    since you are not observing any output, this test will
    let us know if the ImageToParametricSpaceFilter is missing
    to trigger the invocation the Update() methods in its
    preceding filters.

Please let us know what you find after experiments (a) and (b).
It may be that you have found a bug in this filter class.