[Insight-users] MultiResolutionPyramidImageFilter possible problem

Nithiananthan, Sajendra Sajendra.Nithiananthan at rmp.uhn.on.ca
Fri May 9 13:19:21 EDT 2008

Hello everyone,

I noticed something a little weird in the MultiResolutionPyramidImageFilter.
The output when using a shrink factor of 1 is not the same as the input; the
output will be a smoothed version of the input. The effect is small, but
does exist. I do not think this is the correct behaviour. For a shrink
factor of 1, the output should be the exact same as the input. This can be
fixed easily  by checking for the special case of all shrink factors being 1
(perhaps not the most elegant solution). See attached patch.
As it is now, if you perform multi-resolution registration with one level
and default schedule the result is slightly different from if you had used
the normal registration filter. I think you should expect the results to be
exactly the same.

Let me know if I am misinterpreting what the behaviour should be in this
case.

-Sajendra

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by anyone other than the person for whom it was originally intended is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies. Opinions, conclusions or other information contained in this e-mail may not be that of the organization.