[Insight-users] Does itkSmartPointer.h need to do #include "itkMacro.h"?

Niels Dekker niels-xtk at xs4all.nl
Sat May 17 14:22:53 EDT 2008

Thanks for your replies!

Bill Lorensen wrote:
> I agree that having the ITK_EXPORT is misleading. I was not the
> original author of the PrintSelfCheck.tcl script (actually Rick Avila
> wrote it as his 6-sigma project at GE Research). Perhaps a gifted tcl
> guru could make it work properly. It is an important check.

As long as ITK_EXPORT is still needed, I would appreciate having the
comment at its definition say so. It now says, in "itkWin32Header.h":

  // ITK_EXPORT can not be used
  #define ITK_EXPORT

Instead I'd rather have it says something like:

  // When a class definition has ITK_EXPORT, the class will be
  // checked automatically, by Utilities/Dart/PrintSelfCheck.tcl
  #define ITK_EXPORT

But please correct me if I'm wrong!

Luis Ibanez wrote:
> Could we modify the PrintSelfCheck.tcl script to use the combination
> of the Doxygen "\class" and the C++ "class" keywords to find the
> classname ?

That would sound like a more elegant solution to me as well.  (But I'm
not a tcl guru!)

> If you are interested in making regular contributions to ITK,
> you are more than welcome to join the Adopt-a-Bug program:
> http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Adopt_a_Bug_Program

Thank you, Luis!  I just filled out the form! Actually I would be the
third bug adopter from the LKEB, Leiden University Medical Center, now
that Jeroen Wijnhout and Marius Staring are already contributing  :-)

Kind regards,

Niels